Thursday, November 30, 2006

Removing vocal cord?!

I was amused when I read this thread in the Singapore Cats MSN Forum.

Going by this logic, can I politely my neighbour if he should consider removing his baby's vocal cords? After all, his baby does cause me many many sleepless nights & I am sure many neighbours' as well. And we all have very important work to do the next day.

What the heck, why don't we just demand the same treatment be metted out to screaming brats in shopping malls, supermarkets & cinemas?

But we don't because it is wrong. If it is wrong to treat humans in such a way, why would it be right to treat animals such?

If animals can talk, I'm sure the first thing they'll say is "Respect our rights!" At least the ones in Singapore.

Pet owners, ask yourself why you'd like to have a pet & be brutally honest in your answer. A pet is like a child. In fact your pet will always be a child. So unless you are prepared to be a parent to a child for the rest of its life, I suggest you stick your playtime to a stuffed toy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, Mary's naiviety is amazing :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Dear Anonymous, if you have a constructive criticism, by all means.

But please do not criticise just for the sake of it.

Thanks,
Cat

11:29 AM  
Blogger auntie p said...

Some dog owners "disable" their dog's vocal chords, but it's the first time I've heard of someone wanting to do it to their pet cat. Tsk, tsk...

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the choice is between removing the vocal chords, and having the cat put in a humane society, possibly getting put down, I would vote for removing the vocal chords.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home