Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Had another conversation with this acquaintance of mine about her kitten.

She insists that kitten is not really hers. It was her expat flatmate that took the kitten home & therefore the kitten should be the flatmate's. She just happens to live there & therefore happens to play with it.

However, she does sometimes buy the cat food because the 'owner' is a scattered brain. Just the other day, she was telling me they fed the cat bread because they ran out of catfood. I ended giving her the reserve I had stashed for Peanut & Sesame & some cans of tuna (originally meant for Tua Tao).

I asked her again, have they or has she plan for the future of the kitten? Still not vaccinated nor sterilised. No cat food in the flat. This arrangement is unacceptable. I told her if she is unable to care for the kitten, please bring it to my office. One more cat here is not going to be big difference to us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Mary, I have no idea. I asked her, she doesn't know. She kept saying that it is very small & doesn't stop meowing. Its probably very hungry.

I hope she will take offer to leave the cat with me.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Nope, unless they offer the cat to me.

9:07 PM  
Blogger KXBC said...

I bet it is very malnourished given that they are not feeding it right and given that it is a kitten which needs good food to grow up strong and healthy.

Maybe one way is to indirectly scare them saying that this is ill treatment and some authorities may bring up some legal suit against them if they are found out?

They probably have no love for the kitten but are just too lazy to give it up.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

I agree with you KXBC. The food I gave her would be enough for the kitten till end of the month.

I intend to follow up with her next week on the cat's welfare.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am glad u are there to take over if necessary. one wonders how many poor kitties there are out there living in such conditions...

SL

4:21 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

And she says her flatmate is a "scattered brain"? What does that make her? Most words that come to mind aren't appropriate. They are BOTH scatter-brains.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home