Saturday, February 18, 2006

My Feline Valentine

I know, I know, this is 4 days late. But better than never! (Let me warn you, this IS a cliche post! So if you don't like it, I suggest you stop here!!)

While most people were out spending this day with their loved ones, I was working late into the night in the office, feeling sorry for myself, stressed, sick & can't wait for the week to be over.

But all negativities, aches & pains evoporated the minuted I stepped home. I was greeted by my 4 darlings. Beauty on the sofa, waiting to give me a kiss. Dim Sum looking at me with those beautiful eyes of hers, waiting for a head scratch. Carma weaving in & out of my legs. & Alex, sitting by patiently on the kitchen table, waiting for his hug.

Who needs Valentine's Day to validate love? Just look at the 4 of them - their love is unconditional. My 4 darlings are my valentine, all the time. With them & my family, who needs flowers & chocolates just on 14th Feb? Its Valentine's day everday in the House of Chaos!

5 Comments:

Blogger Singapore Community Cat said...

This is LOVE - simple and pure. When our animal companions love us, it is a love that is never stained with any condition. Even the community cat can show this unconditioned love. This is the love that will warm our aging old bones :)

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to know there's another human being who shares exactly the same thought. and her name is Cat :) and i can't agree more with you and Vegancat about unconditional love.

on another note, it's funny that this year's valentine's day set me on a nostalgia mood - back to when i was in sec two that some of my classmates - all girls but we were in a co-ed school - decided to give us all and our teachers a stalk of rose each and declared that that day wasn't necessarily for those who are in love.

well, i shall spare you my ramblings, Cat and here's a belated V-Day to you and your cats :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Agree totally!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

oops, I forgot to add & to good friends who accept me for who I am & not what I am! For they are, my pillar of strength.

7:03 PM  
Blogger =^..^= said...

Happy Belated Valentine's to you, Cat and your darlings -- Beauty, Dim Sum, Alex and Carma! :D

To our pets, every day is Valentine's. Not one day is more special or less special to them. They simply love us the best way they can every single day.

~5-Cat Style

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home