Thursday, November 30, 2006

6th Chaos Rules the House


This is Ruby.

I met Ruby in foster-mom’s home about 6 months back. On impulse, I said I’d like to take her home. And now I did.

On my way to pick Ruby up this afternoon, I mentally prepared myself for the riot that is to start all over. The gang of five has just settled into a familiar routine and I am just beginning to enjoy the peace that I thought I’d never ever going to get back. So what the hell was I thinking, taking the 6th cat in? Then I tried to rationalize – well if Ruby proved to be a handful, I would have a legitimate excuse to return Ruby. Yeah I know, it is pitifully lame.

Ruby as it turned out is a marshmallow. Soft & mallow. Without resistance, she allowed herself to be put in a soft carrier where she sat quietly for the next 20 minutes while I try to locate a taxi. When we finally arrived home which was almost an hour later, she calmly stepped out of her carrier, explored the flat while Chaos just looked on. I think they are not DNA-ed for zen. After all, they are Chaos (even Wawa has her hissy moments with Carma every now & then!).

Ruby absolutely threw them off. Then again, a lot remains to be seen. This is only her first evening. But steady lah, girl!

6 Comments:

Blogger Singapore Community Cat said...

As AB always says..the future is uncertain..so why worry..just enjoy the rides of life...roller coaster..wee!!!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Singapore Community Cat said...

Read TORTOISESHELL AND TRI-COLOUR CATS

In combination with silver, this would produce tortoiseshell markings on a silvery background e.g. black-silver (black markings on pale grey) and red-silver patches; though such combinations are not common.

12:28 AM  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Hmmm she has very unusual colorings, especially that big black round patch on her neck. All the best, Ruby!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Yes Cat_Aunty, her coloring is very unusual. She has more than 3 colors - the usual calico brown, black & a little white but she is mostly covered in an orangy-beigy coat.

Temperament wise - ace!

Chaos would soon be Order. :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger KXBC said...

She's cute and a little tubby. Good for hugs and tummy rubs. :)

5:29 PM  
Blogger auntie p said...

Ooh...you've got number 6! Will look forward to reading about her. :)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home