Friday, February 09, 2007

Refreshed, inspired & a little burnt.

Angkor Wat in the afternoon

Siem Reap is a charming little French colonial town but absolutely dusty. Walking the streets, we see constructions everywhere. It feels like the town is going to boon overnight & we will miss its growth if we blink our eyes.

But despite the hustle & bustle, the dust, the honking, the general madness on the roads, our entire visit is stress free. The Cambodians are very laid back. It feels like we are looking through a rose tinted glass but it is reality. Everything is easy, no problem, can wait, its ok. Don't worry, be happy. Really!

Siem Reap's claim to fame is of course the Angkor temples situated on the town's outskirts. One of the world's most significant ancient structures, the Angkors were mostly built between the 9th and 13th centuries and they are certainly one of the most breathtaking and amazing monuments.

But never had I felt more cosmopolitan than in Siem Reap. We are surrounded by the English, Americans, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Thais, Germans, Italians, Chinese, Singaporeans, Malaysians, Koreans, Russians, Greeks & Australians. A tour to the temples, I can hear simultaneous interpretations in different languages.

The main mode of travel is motorbike. During my stay, I've taken the van (tourist), the tuk tuk (backpacker) & the motorbike. I wish I had a little more time as I would love to hang precariously for my life off the rail of a public pickup truck bus.

Anyway, this is just brief introduction of my little travel. More to come.

Meanwhile I missed Chaos terribly especially in the mornings. It has been a ritual that Alex wakes me up in the morning, come rain or shine. The first morning I woke up at the usual time, waiting for Alex to lick my face. But of course, he wasn't there. Ouch. So you can imagine, how I excited I was when I landed in Terminal 2 yesterday. I practically sprinted out of the terminus to the taxi.

Back home, I was hugging all my babies so hard, so long. I can't to let them go. I think I frightened them, but I don't care.

5 Comments:

Blogger auntie p said...

Welcome back! ;)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Singapore Community Cat said...

Welcome home TaiJi partner! Don't forget class tomorrow. Your teacher, Alice asked about you last saturday.

4:59 PM  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

welcome back!! Know that feeling of missing the little ones...but don't forget to reward yourself yah?

8:05 PM  
Blogger Kootoo | Muffin | Milo | Mama said...

haha, I can imagine the Chaos gang being overwhelmed by your over-flowing love for them!

12:21 AM  
Blogger مجدى said...


ارخص شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة تسليك صرف صحى بالرياض

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home