Friday, March 03, 2006

Change of Behaviour

I have noticed a change of behaviour in Alex recently.

It started sometime last week, I think. When he tried paw Dim Sum. She fought back & he jumped on her. She somehow managed to get away.

I didn't think too much of the incident, until earlier this week. When he tried the same tactic on Carma. He would corner her, then paw her & if she resists him, he will jump on her until she crouches in a submissive position. Then he backs off.

This has been happening over the past few days. He keeps trying to dominate both Dim Sum & Carma. I wonder what causes this change in a cat from a sweet & gentle feline to this.

Luckily he's wise enough not to make a pass on Beauty. She's bigger & heavier & she'd probably pound him if he tries to be funny. She'll probably give him an equivalent of a black eye.

He has also become demanding of my time. He would stick very close to me, wouldn't allow Carma & Dim Sum to come close. When I do play with either girls, he would butt in, demanding to be played. Hmmm.

Nevertheless, I am concerned & how I wish there is an explanation for this change ...

6 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= said...

Hmmm... interesting... how old is Alex now?

~5-Cat Style

7:23 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Alex is about 5, he's the oldest of the bunch.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Singapore Community Cat said...

Pre-menopausal symptoms? :) I think it will pass with time.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

hopefully so.

in a way, i wish carma wld retaliate, not that i want a fight but, if she does, at least he knows he can't treat her like that.

5:25 PM  
Blogger CatDonna & Cats said...

I agree with vegancat. Some cats just go through phases, and their humans have to grin and bear it.

I think you can trust Carma to know when to retaliate! She sounds like a smart cookie.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home