Thursday, January 04, 2007

I took a mini-break from work this afternoon & went out to play with the kittens. The Auntie was there so we chatted briefly. She happily pointed to Tua Tao & said “He is yan-tau (handsome). So white now.” I smiled & nodded. She continued, “cod liver oil very good but very smelly.” I laughed. Yes, Tua Tao is handsome. Pity I did not have my camera with me.

I informed her that Vincent (pet transport guy) will collect Sesame next Monday evening for sterilization. He will return the boy on Thursday evening. She was nodded “good, good.”

She told me she saw a kitten (about a month old) outside the SGH last Saturday but it is no longer there. The kitten is a black & white with a crooked tail. “Very cute,” she said.

I explained to her there are a few possible scenarios. The kitten could have wandered off or rescued or … Anyway, I said if she does see the kitten again, please bring it here where it is safer.

As the sky turned turning grey, she looked wistfully at our makeshift shelter for the trio & said, “I worry. Don’t know if this is enough for them.” I can only reply, “This will have to do Auntie. This is best we can provide for them.”

We looked at each other, nodded & walked separately back to our offices.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Hi Mary, I use cod liver oil capsule not emulsion. The recommended dosage was to give 1 child dosage (per capsule). But given his circumstances, I gave him an adult dosage of 1 capsule to wet food.

I think it is harmless. Cod liver oil is good for the general wellness anyway.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Singapore Community Cat said...

Such "ordinary" kindness touches me. This morning, I took a photo of the kitchen ah-soh who is afraid of cats but will use her own money to buy the community cats' favourite fish to fry! I will post the photo this evening when i am home.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

You are most welcome Mary. Now I feed cod liver oil to Chaos & all the cats in my office area now :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Only Sesame going for the ops? I thought Peanut is also the same age

8:45 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Cat_Aunty, Peanut had hers done in December, courtesy of the Auntie's boss. :-)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

That's fine. If it is a gel capsule, just prick it with a fork & squeeze the contents onto their wet food.

If its powder in capsule, just empty the contents into the wet food.

One capsule shld be ok. So far, there has never been cases of Vit overdose :)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Depends on the situation Mary.

For Tua Tao because his condition is serious, I gave him one capsule a day.

For Chaos, is shared. One capsule for 2 cats.

Its really a judgement call.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Masks of God It was within this climate that Campbell was also introduced to the work of Thomas Mann who was equally influential upon his life and ideas. While in Europe Campbell was introduced to modern art. He became particularly enthusiastic about the work of Paul Klee and Pablo Picasso. A whole new world opened up to Campbell while studying in Europe. Here he discovered the works of Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. It was also during this time that he met and became friends with Jiddu Krishnamurti, a friendship which began his lifelong interest in Hindu philosophy and mythology. In addition, after the death of Indologist Heinrich Zimmer, Campbell was given the task to edit and posthumously publish Zimmer's papers.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really interesting blog about omega 3 study. In a similar vain to omega 3 study, I've found the richest, purest omega-3 EFP fish oil supplement on the market. My health has improved dramatically - both physical and mental. I've been taking MorEPA now for about 6 months and I cannot emphasize how much this supplement have helped me to cope with anxiety and depression. The supplements can be ordered from **wwwomega3.com**. I'd also recommend daily exercise.

5:10 AM  
Blogger dalia alaa said...

http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/mosques-cleaning-companies-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/mosques-cleaning-companies-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/mosques-cleaning-companies.html

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home